A different format for a change by Wade
On 21st September Darjeeling welcomed the intrepid Loose Cannons for some early evening (and just starting to cool) battles on the larger of the two ovals.
Pre-match meeting adjourned in Kickers at 5:30pm, players were eager to ensure that the bodies were warm and ready to fire in the upcoming match. Key batsmen Blikkies stated that at least 4 beverages need to be consumed in order to perform at his elite ability, there were no objections. Following the Captains downing of his second beverage, the boys were warm and ready.
Inside the changing room the boys exchanged stories of the sources of their Cricket Bat’s, Misbah Ul-Haq was mentioned repeatedly.
- Blikkies – 5 Quick fire innings. Bowled comprehensively off the short chap with a bit of gas
- Graeme – 68 Man of the match performance (IMO) Bowled
- Stanni – 10 Stumped after running to the bowlers crease to meet the ball
- Shugie – 40 Clean hitting, bullied the bowling. Bowled off the short chap with a bit of gas
- Rohan 1 Not much to report. LBW
- Wade 0 Strong performance from the non-strikers end. Bowled
- Millar 7* Season end average is forecasted to be at the 40 mark. Not Out
- Stephan 6 Poor umpiring decision. LBW
- Shehan 13* Was In the changing room, I’m told a promotion in the batting order is needed.
- Etienne 3 Overs, 0 wickets, 23 runs. Solid performance, brilliant final over
- Sheehan 2 Overs, 0 wickets, 29 runs. See batting performance
- Stefan 3 Overs, 0 wickets, 30 runs. Umpires shoulders were hard at work, plenty wides
- Wade 2 Overs, 0 wickets, 19 runs. Under 6 foot bowlers, should not ball short
- Ash 3 Overs, 1 wicket, 33 runs. Brilliant first 2 overs, 3rd over was regrettable (21 runs)
- Shugie 4 Overs, 0 wickets, 28 runs. Deserved a wicket, quality performance.
- Stannie 3 Overs, 2 wickets, 24 runs. Age is just a number, quality.
Match went to the last ball, Darjeeling lost by about 5 wickets (TBC)
Any queries on the report, please send to Shugie.